OnBase is recognised as a market leader in enterprise content management (ECM). OnBase manages your enterprise content from the point of inception all the way through the information lifecycle until final archival and destruction.
When choosing OnBase to meet your ECM requirements, you will gain capabilities which far exceed standard ECM functionality. OnBase also provides case management, business process management (BPM) and capture technologies on the same platform, which can be further extended with our file sync and share solution, ShareBase. The OnBase platform can integrate with your existing environment, extend to mobile devices and be made available on premises or in the cloud.
OnBase: An ECM Leader
We know researching enterprise content management (ECM) providers can be a challenging task. After all, choosing an ECM solution isn’t just a software investment. It’s an investment in that ECM provider’s strategic ability to provide both a product and services that will continue to evolve, supporting you and your business objectives for years to come. That’s where research tools, like industry analyst reports, can help.
OnBase ECM Functionality
Explore the wide spectrum of enterprise content management (ECM) functionality available on the OnBase platform. From the point of capture all the way until final disposition, information is efficiently and securely managed by OnBase.
Document imaging and scanning with OnBase
OnBase will work with almost any scanning device, from the all-in-one printer devices suitable for scanning single pages, all the way to systems capable of scanning thousands of pages per hour.
Just as scanners come in all shapes and sizes to meet various needs, from low-volume scanning to high-speed capture, OnBase also has a variety of scanning software options designed to meet your requirements.
- High-volume batch scanning – OnBase can capture hundreds or thousands of documents daily at both remote offices and centralised locations
- Low-volume scanning and scan on-demand – Your users can scan documents as they come in to your organisation, using the devices most convenient for their role
- Automated data capture – OnBase keeps data entry to a minimum utilising technologies such as optical character recognition (OCR), intelligent character recognition (ICR) and barcodes.
Paper is not the only thing you need to capture
It’s not just paper documents that should be centralised into your ECM system. When your relevant business information is stored electronically, it is often scattered across file shares, shared and personal email inboxes, Microsoft SharePoint sites, fax servers and other business systems.
Manage all of the related documents together in one system.
- Integrations for MS Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes and Novell Groupwise – Enable users to capture emails and attachments into OnBase as they are received. Upon import, OnBase instantly associates these documents with the relevant folder, case or transaction.
- Email and Fax Servers – OnBase automatically captures, classifies and stores emails and attachments sent to centralised addresses. These emails will trigger business processes, eliminating costly delays and improving customer satisfaction. By integrating with Biscom Faxcom and Esker Fax, OnBase eliminates the need to print faxes, by capturing them electronically and making them instantly available to the recipient.
- Mainframes and AS/400 applications – OnBase electronically captures ASCII, PCL, AFP, DJDE, PDF and XML print and data streams generated by mainframes, AS/400 and other applications.
- File Shares, FTP Sites and SharePoint sites – OnBase provides several tools to easily import large volumes of documents stored on network drives or FTP sites, utilising existing text and XML indexing data for classification. Integrations with SharePoint allow documents to be manually or automatically archived into OnBase.
- “Print” to OnBase – Archive documents into OnBase from any application with a print function. By means of a virtual print driver, content found in websites or other business applications is converted to digital form and stored in OnBase, and instantly associated with the related information.
Electronic Document Management
Increase efficiency with an electronic document management system
With all of your documents and information captured and stored in OnBase, your organisation immediately benefits that electronic document management provides. These benefits include tools that increase efficiency, including:
- Revisions: Track every modification made to documents, with a permanent revision history. Ensures users only access the most current versions of documents
- Electronic signatures: OnBase provides multiple options for electronically signing documents: capturing and applying handwritten signatures with a stylus or tablet, using digital certificates to ensure authenticity and integrity or integrating with Docusign.
Simplifying access to documents and information
One of the primary benefits of electronic document management software is the ability to find the exact documents you need, right when you need them. OnBase provides many options to quickly and easily locate the documents you need, including:
- Specific index values like name and account number
- Index value ranges, such as all invoices between £500 and £1,000
- Dates or date ranges
- Electronic filing cabinets and folders
- Full-text search of all documents, such as PDFs, emails, OnBase e-forms and Microsoft Office and text documents
Ensuring follow-through on required reading and training
Every organisation has documents that employees are mandated to read and acknowledge – from employee handbooks to information security policies to harassment training.
While there are many ways to distribute documents to employees, often these require a lot of manual work to track and update. How do you prove that all of your employees have received and read the most current required documents for their roles?
With OnBase, you can rapidly distribute the right documents to the right employees. Significantly reduce costs by automating the distribution and administration of required reading documents. Easily track and prove employee acknowledgements for regulatory compliance audits.
Eliminate repetitive, low-value tasks with a process automation solution
Every organisation has structured, predictable processes that can be mapped out on a flowchart. It is these processes that work can be optimised by leveraging the native workflow engine and business process management (BPM) tools that OnBase provides.
OnBase automates repetitive tasks to free up employee time for higher-value tasks while ensuring documents and meaningful exemptions are delivered to the right people at the right time.
The value of automating business processes with OnBase
To deliver value within your repeatable business processes, you need to remove the manual, paper based tasks that slow down work. To achieve this, OnBase:
- Automates repetitive tasks and rule-based decisions
- Routes documents and exceptions to the right people automatically
- Manages complex approval processes
- Identifies and verifies related documents
- Load-balances work across teams
OnBase process automation drives the predictable, repeatable tasks at your organisation so your employees can focus on completing higher-value work.
Document Generation and Distribution
Efficiently generate and distribute content inside and outside your organisation
Using your organisations captured documents and data, OnBase can generate individualised letters or statements, enabling you to efficiently distribute information to the people you serve; your customers, constituents, patients, students, agents, etc. – whether you choose to do so on paper or electronically.
In order to make the generation and distribution of documents as simple as possible for your organisation, OnBase provides a number of tools to achieve this, including:
- Automatically generate documents using existing system data, Word document fragments and user input to deliver them to customers faster
- Standardises the creation and completion of forms that originate on paper by making them digital images – eliminating process delays attributed to incomplete forms
- Gathers related documents and generates them into a single, consolidated image document
- Enables distribution of generated documents via email as a PDF, or by paper mail
- Improves customer service by minimizing billing disputes and decreasing turnaround tie for customer inquiries
- Facilitates content sharing with other organisations by simplifying the location and packaging of document sets for easy distribution
- Provides recipients with their specific documents in a self-contained OnBase viewing system, all on a single CD/DVD/Blu-ray
Minimise risk, support compliance with an OnBase records management system
With an OnBase records management system, organisations easily meet legal retention requirements with regard to its corporate documents and records, thereby avoiding fines, jail time, costly audits and more.
With OnBase, organisations can manage retention plans and take advantage of multiple destruction options.
Streamline from creation to destruction with a records management system
OnBase minimises risk and supports compliance by securely storing, protecting and destroying your information in accordance with applicable regulations – without needing to purchase additional third-party software or hardware.
By consolidating all of your important content into one system, OnBase solves the problems associated with managing content across a variety of databases, systems and physical storage locations.
Using OnBase for records management, organisations:
- Enable complete lifecycle management from document creation to declaration through final disposition
- Improve consistency and precision by automating manual tasks like creating new records and checking records for completeness
- Ensure timely disposal of qualified records automatically or after required approval
Simple and secure storage for your files
OnBase offers a variety of choices as to where and how your files will be stored and managed, from simple network file shares on Windows or Linux file servers to purpose-built storage devices.
OnBase allows you to store an unlimited number of live, online copies for each file within the system. If you experience any hardware or network failures interrupting access to your main file servers, OnBase instantly fails over to secondary copies to ensure there’s no business downtime.
Optimised for performance with separate data and document storage
OnBase enables your database to do what it does best – manage data – while your file servers or storage devices manage your electronic files.
This separation of data and documents allows OnBase to run at maximum efficiency – from a small departmental solution to a global enterprise deployment. All of this is achieved while making maintenance and backups more manageable.
Enhance your document archiving strategy with OnBase document archiving software
OnBase offers a variety of document archiving and storage solutions, including:
- EMC Centera: The OnBase Integration for EMC Centera uses built-in redundancy to ensure document availability, reduces the time spent creating back-ups and retains content stored in Centera according to OnBase retention schedules
- IBM Tivoli: The OnBase Integration for IBM Tivoli allows users to store OnBase documents on media controlled by an IBM Tivoli storage manager, eliminating the need to install Tivoli on every workstation and easily archiving a variety of media types and copies for off-site storage
- Kom Networks KOMpliance: The OnBase Integration for KOMpliance allows organisations to store, protect and secure information on any Windows file server or virtual machine while enforcing OnBase control with an authenticity seal to ensure security, audit and accountability. It also strengthens data privacy, preventing unauthorised access even by an administrator or privileged user
- Document transfer: OnBase allows data and content to be shared and/or replicated between two or more independent OnBase systems. This equips users to interact with information across distributed organisational structures and geographies.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray authoring and export: OnBase integrates with a Rimage unit to allow automatic, unattended backup of document files from any OnBase disk group volume onto a CD or DVD media. These discs can then be stored off-site and used to restore documents in the event of data loss.
Simplify your organisation’s physical file management
OnBase enables organisations to track, locate and request physical records electronically. Manage physical records alongside electronic documents and records, using OnBase as the single interface – regardless of record location or format.
OnBase physical file management enables organisations to:
- Provide centralised management of physical records alongside electronic records in a single system
- Enforce uniform retention policies across both physical storage facilities and electronic repositories
- Extend compliance initiatives into physical record business practices
- Rapidly discover and locate physical record information as it relates to electronic content
- Increase accountability by tracking the chain of custody through an auditable access history
Benefitting from physical records management
By deploying an OnBase physical file management system, you provide employees with a truly complete set of content, both electronic and physical. This includes benefits such as:
- Empowering employees to focus on work that moves the company forward, not retention requirements
- Enabling records managers to focus on the overall process due to increased visibility
- Simplifying compliance efforts organisation-wide by making sure records are securely organised, appropriately discoverable and then destroyed at the appropriate time
Record Retention | Document Retention
Efficiently Create efficient records retention and destruction processes
To remain legally compliant, you must have a reliable records retention and management solution – one that ensures documents are destroyed at the appropriate time and cannot be unintentionally deleted beforehand.
The OnBase solution for records retention manages the retention and destruction of stored documents according to predefined schedules for each document type. The destruction process is initiated by the passage of time, allowing for automatic deletion and/or removal from OnBase. Your organisation may determine the document retention time period, though in many cases, such as in government or the healthcare, insurance and financial services industries, document retention time periods are dictated by regulatory requirements for inspections or audit. As a result, automating records retention with OnBase helps organisations avoid fines and reduce legal risks associated with expired content.
Achieve compliance goals with automated records retention
Using OnBase to automate the retention and destruction of documents provides many benefits to organisations, including:
- Enforcing structured retention policies for document destruction across the enterprise
- Minimising legal risks associated with the accumulation of expired records
- Reducing processing expenses associated with manual deletion of documents
- Saving storage space through the automatic destruction of documents that no longer have value
Integrate with Any Application
Integrate OnBase with any of your applications
OnBase integrates with over 500 applications via a variety of integration options, allowing organisations to focus on improving business processes rather than custom coding.
Leverage information from another application to automatically launch processes in OnBase like composing documents, filling out forms or triggering business workflows. That way, users make critical business decisions faster with the most up-to-date information.
Utilise screen-level integrations with point-and-click configurability
Using OnBase, organisations can quickly integrate it with business applications with a few mouse-clicks. Users can opt for a real-time, no-click display of documents associated with their enabled screens or access documents and processes with a simple mouse click or key press.
By utilising OnBase, organisations:
- Increase user productivity by eliminating application switching and automating manual tasks
- Improve data accuracy and reduce re-keying of information by pulling data directly from the application screen
- Expedite and improve business decision-making by delivering immediate access to supporting documents
Transform processes with purpose-built integrations
OnBase provides many purpose-built integrations for many widely-adopted applications including:
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Infor Lawson
These specific integrations seamlessly feed information and documents between OnBase and other applications.
Create data-level integrations to ensure information is current
OnBase offers its Enterprise Integration Server (EIS) to coordinate an instantaneous, guaranteed exchange of data between applications. Built on Microsoft BizTalk, EIS manages communication with business-critical applications using an enterprise infrastructure.
With EIS, organisations can:
- Continuously update information in multiple systems – even as content is added, updated or changed throughout the process – keeping all systems in sync
- Improve business decision-making by delivering immediate access to the most up-to-date information
- Support a single integration platform, reducing the expense of maintaining multiple custom integrations