A Note From Fujitsu…
Based on the foundation that made Fujitsu an industry leader in mid-volume production scanning, the fi-5950 continues this legacy of delivering fast scanning speeds, high reliability and incorporates features that help provide the ultimate in productivity.
- Fast start-up speeds. Scanning starts nearly instantaneously
- Dramatically reduced document preparation using intelligent hardware image processing
- Intelligent MultiFeed Function (iMFF) Triple Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection with retain image feature for intentional overlapping items such as stuck-on notes or taped on receipts
- Full rated speeds scanning at higher resolutions up to 300 dpi for enhanced OCR accuracy
- Industry proven rugged design with up to 100,000 sheet daily duty cycle
- Quick scanning speeds of 135 ppm (simplex)/ 270 ipm (duplex)
- Dual-CCD scanning arrays for excellent image quality
- Automatic scanner calibration to maintain premium image quality and eliminate degradation
- Large 500 page automatic document input feeder with active stacker to keep documents neat and orderly in the output tray
Paperstream Image Processing
The PaperStream IP driver takes the work out of image cleanup when scanning invoices, ID cards, receipts, forms, or any other day to day paperwork. PaperStream IP automatically improves the image quality, removes unwanted backgrounds, and optimizes your scanned images for optical character recognition. It is fast and easy to use. Our latest innovation, Assisted Scan, allows users to replace poor images by visually selecting the image they lack rather than learning driver settings. If driver settings need to be adjusted for rare and difficult documents, our preview function allows scan operators to see their adjustments in real-time without time consuming re-scans. PSIP works with both ISIS and TWAIN applications.
PaperStream Capture (PSC) makes advanced capture with Fujitsu scanners easier than before. PaperStream Capture has a streamlined User Interface to reduce training time and increase productivity. Not only have we provided users with the most common profiles used by customers—black and white, color, and auto-color—new profiles are easily created or modified through a wizard. We have organized the release screen so that batches can easily be suspended or continued. PSC is also integrated with PaperStream IP’s assisted scanning for visual cleanup of documents. The reading of barcodes and patch codes make batch separation easy, improving document organization.
Whether the infrastructure is fixed or expanding, managing technology efficiently inside the organization is key to reducing total cost of ownership and the Fujitsu scanner provides system administrators with advanced software tools to centrally manage the scanner more productively and cost effectively.
- Agent, console and server remote scanner management
- Real-time Fujitsu scanner inventory
- Status and alert monitoring
- Centralized driver update deployment
- Consumable management
The fi-5950 is a truly unique production level device that withstands any comparison in terms of productivity, versatility,reliability, ease of use and ROI maximisation. This device processes paper efficiently, smoothly and quickly, whilst at the same time minimising the pre-and post-processing task for the operator. The fi-5950 scans a wider range of paper qualities with high reliability, and whilst continuously feeding paper batches, scanned images are processed and enhanced on the fly.