Workflow provides a rich set of point-and-click configurable rules and actions, allowing business processes to be quickly automated with no need for custom programming. Workflow enables organisations to significantly decrease document processing time, increase staff productivity and improve input, storage, and retrieval accuracy through a simple and flexible user interface.
- Facilitates business transaction processing by presenting all related documents simultaneously to the user
- Optimises business processes by providing a framework of rules to efficiently route electronic documents
- Promotes accountability by providing detailed auditable history to monitor security and employee performance
- Offers flexible deployment and access across multiple interfaces and line of business integrations
- Enforces consistent business practices, reducing process variance and associated risk
An OnBase Workflow solution is made up of one or more configurable Life Cycles, consisting of Queues that contain Rules and Actions executed through user interaction or performed automatically as System Work. All Document Types and file formats are eligible, predefined document routing, along with related documents and data, ensures processes are consistently followed. Workflow Life Cycles show real time document and process status, while historical data is also available for reporting and display.
- Over 220 predefined Rules and Actions make it easy to learn and configure new Life Cycles
- Flexible and user configurable interfaces that can be customised and filtered by role
- Automatic email notifications engage users to participate in Workflow when needed
- Configurable Timers provide automation and unattended document processing
- Rolebased Calendars and Load Balancing ensure documents are processed most efficiently by available users
Workflow offers a wide array of point and click configurable rules and actions that enable rapid development and deployment of Workflow processes. Once defined, rules and tasks can be reused elsewhere within other Life Cycles and Queues.
Other OnBase applications
Benefits of workflow
- Reduces costs – Workflow automation frees labour from low value tasks, such as manually verifying the existence of all necessary and required related documents and data.
- Supports compliance initiatives -Tightly defined processes can manage security and create detailed audit trails. For example, the approval process for purchasing can adhere to a strict ruleset and precisely log actions and events.
- Increases revenue and improves customer service –OnBase Workflow solutions increase work output over manual processes, increasing efficiency. Faster turnaround and higher quality processes lead to improved interaction with customers.